IAB Professional Diploma
Contemporary Circus Arts
The one-year Professional Diploma in Contemporary Circus Arts is designed for experienced dancers or gymnasts who wish to enhance and augment their performance repertoire to include circus and aerial arts. On completion of the Diploma students can seek work opportunities in
· Circus and large scale events
· TV and Film
· Performance arts
· Contemporary/Modern Dance
· Cruise Ships and Entertainment Complexes
· Promotion and Commercial Events
The IAB Professional Diploma in Contemporary Circus Arts is highly practical and provides its students with the opportunity to learn through doing. Students spend every day in the studio – learning through doing. The programme is taught full-time over one academic year.
· A profound understanding of the creation of contemporary circus performance
· Virtuosity and creativity in a range of circus techniques
· A deep understanding of the business and professional practice of contemporary circus
· A clear understanding of their potential place within contemporary circus
· A clear and deep understanding of the history and theoretical paradigms that inform contemporary circus arts.
Distinguishing Feature of the Professional Diploma
· The unique focus on Contemporary Circus Arts performance.
· One-to-one mentorship and coaching.
· High teacher contact time.
· High quality resources
· Substantial performance opportunities in a variety of settings.
· Working with industry professionals to establish networking links.
· High quality experienced staff with substantial links across the sector.
· A showcase presentation for UK and international agents, casting directors and choreographers.
· Being part of one of Europe's most creative and exciting international Institutions with the opportunity to collaborate with artists from across the performing arts.
· The study location in Sitges, Barcelona is one of Europe's most lively cultural and innovative cities.
Core Areas of study
Aerial Performance -
Trapeze, Hoop, Rope, Silks and other aerial arts
Dance and floor Performance -
Gymnastics, Acro-dance, Jazz and Commercial Dance
Fitness and Body Conditioning -
Fitness, Body strength, flexibility, Stamina
Who Is the Programme For?
The IAB Professional Diploma is designed for experienced, well trained dancers or gymnasts who wish to broaden their skills and develop as circus and aerial artists.
What We Look For in a Prospective Student
Performing in the Circus and in aerial arts is a physically demanding activity. All applicants will need to demonstrate physical fitness, strength, stamina and flexibility. Whilst we do not prescribe a particular background for our applicants it is highly like that potential students will have successful experience in gymnastics. We also welcome applicants who come with a strong technical dance background of any style. Circus requires its performers to be fearless and able to embrace challenges.
Tuition Fees and course catalogues for course starting in September 2108
How To Apply
Applying is simple. Click here to apply (people residing in the Americas, see below):
Residents of North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean, click here to start your application: