IAB Professional Diploma
Contemporary Circus Arts
This 1 year programme is offered at special tuition fee price of only €2000!
The one-year Professional Diploma in Contemporary Circus Arts is designed for experienced dancers or gymnasts who wish to enhance and augment their performance repertoire to include aerial arts. On completion of the Diploma students can seek work opportunities in
· Aerial Arts
· TV and Film
· Physical Theatre and Performance Arts
· Contemporary and Commercial Dance
· Cruise Ships and Entertainment Complexes
· Promotion and Commercial Events
The IAB Professional Diploma in Contemporary Circus Arts is highly practical and provides its students with the opportunity to learn through doing. Students spend every day in the studio – learning through doing. The programme is typically taught 15 hours a week full-time over one academic year of 28 weeks.
· A profound understanding of the creation of contemporary circus performance and aerial performance
· Virtuosity and creativity in a range of performance techniques including aerial arts and dance
· A deep understanding of the business and professional practice of contemporary circus and aerial arts
· A clear understanding of their potential as a performer
· A clear and deep understanding of the history and theoretical paradigms that inform contemporary circus arts.
Distinguishing Feature of the Professional Diploma
· The unique focus on Contemporary Circus Arts performance.
· High quality resources across all areas of performing arts ( Music technology, Lighting design and Sound Design).
· Substantial performance opportunities in a variety of settings, including IAB´s own professional theatre
· Working with industry professionals to establish networking links.
· High quality experienced staff with substantial links across the sector.
· Being part of one of Europe's most creative and exciting international Institutions with the opportunity to collaborate with artists from across the performing arts.
· The study location in Sitges, Barcelona is one of Europe's most lively cultural and innovative cities.
Core Areas of study
Aerial Performance -
Static Trapeze, Hoop, Rope and Silks
Dance and floor Performance -
Gymnastics, Acro-dance, Jazz and Commercial Dance
Fitness and Body Conditioning -
Fitness, Body strength, flexibility, Stamina
What We Look For in a Prospective Student
Performing in the Circus and in aerial arts is a physically demanding activity. All applicants will need to demonstrate physical fitness, strength, stamina and flexibility. Whilst we do not prescribe a particular background for our applicants it is highly like that potential students will have successful experience in gymnastics. We also welcome applicants who come with a strong technical dance background of any style. Circus requires its performers to be fearless and able to embrace challenges. Circus requires students to be fearless and to be able to embrace challenges.
Tuition Fees for course starting in September 2018
How To Apply
Applying is simple. Click here to apply (people residing in the Americas, see below):
Residents of North America, Central America, South America and the Caribbean, click here to start your application: