Benefits of studying at the IAB
· IAB programmes are Interdisciplinary – this means that as well as studying your main subject you also get lessons in other performing arts disciplines.
· Our programmes are Vocational – you train with a focus on a lasting career as a performer.
· Intensive learning – to give you the best training and learning experience, you get a high contact time with staff. So your days are busy. At the IAB you learn by doing.
· We are a Conservatoire. Fundamentally, the difference between conservatoire (or drama school) training and traditional university performance courses is that a conservatoire is focused on professional, vocational training, preparing its students for the industry in which they want to work.
· All of our students are fellow performers in training, which makes for a dynamic and creative community.
· International community – we typically have students from over 35 different countries on our full-time courses.
· International network – when you leave the IAB you will have made friends and professional contacts from all over the world.
· We teach in English – this is a great way to improve your English if it is not your first language. For native English speakers it is also a good way to improve how you communicate with those who don´t speak English as their first language.
· Learn Spanish – there are plenty of opportunities to learn Spanish or Catalan. You can learn from fellow students or even take classes.
· Business focus – IAB programmes include business modules. We believe it is important that you have basic business skills.
· Visiting musical directors and live musical accompaniment for Musical Theatre shows, means students work with industry professionals and experience a real theatre experience from start to finish. Directors are often from London´s West End and other important centres of live performance.
· Frequent shows and performances – we produce about 30 shows a year. The IAB is a theatre company in its own right and students get involved in all aspects of production, not just performing.
· Open to the public – most shows in our 200 seat theatre are open to the public. We are often sold out, especially for year 6 students.
· Regular assessments – our validating university requires that you are regularly assessed. High contact time with teachers also means that they are there to guide and instruct you. Training at the IAB is an interactive experience.
· IAB Health is our in house health clinic and physiotherapy. We have highly qualified therapists available at a very low price.
· Full time in house student counselling service – means you can always see the counsellor at short notice to discuss any problems you may have.
· Frequent visits and classes by professional international lecturers and performers and choreographers – this means you have a good variety of people supporting the full time staff – same as if you were in a big city like London.
· International professional faculty – our full-time staff are highly qualified and experienced teachers – they all have professional experience as performers.
· Exclusive in-house auditions – we host private auditions for our students with casting directors, agents, cruise ship companies and production companies.
· International Graduate Showcase – graduating students connect with all with our annual showcase. A good time to show your work and connect with a variety of agents and casting directors.
· UK university degree – when you graduate from our BA Hons or Master programmes you will have an internationally recognised degree from a top UK university – Liverpool John Moores University
· Regular visits from university to ensure standards are high and in line with UK Quality Assurance Agency requirements.
· Learn to work collaboratively - in teams and improve your communication skills.
· Competitively priced fees – we aim to keep our fees as low as possible without compromising your course.
· Easy payment terms – you can spread your payments over each term.
· Great facilities in modern campus – students and lecturers love working in our light, bright and big studios.
· Open for 12 hours a day – so you can practise before and after classes.
· Students can use facilities on Saturdays.
· Regular opportunities to perform in public both at the IAB and in Sitges or Barcelona.
· Located in the town of Sitges – a great place to be a student – a great quality of life on the Mediterranean Sea.
· Low cost accommodation – there are lots of flats to rent at reasonable prices in Sitges.
· Our hostel is just a 5 minute walk to the IAB – so no lost time or money commuting. Most first year students stay in the hostel as it is cheap and a good place to make new friends.
· Low cost of living means you won´t have the big living expenses as most cities.
· Just half an hour and a cheap direct bus ride to Barcelona Airport.
· We have a low cost in house café – you can also bring your own food.
· Prestigious Companies in Residence – most recently The Jasmin Vardimon Dance Company.
· Links to other similar institutions like Pace in New York or Arts Educational in London.